The English version of the offer is presented below. Here is the Polish version.
The Institute of Computing Science at the Poznan University of Technology seeks candidates for 1 PhD stipend offered for the realization of research tasks in the “Learning and Evolving Ontologies from Linked Open Data (LeoLOD)” project. The LeoLOD project is realized within the POMOST (PARENT-BRIDGE) programme of Foundation for Polish Science, cofinanced from European Union, Regional Development Fund.
The further information is provided below:
Number of stipends: 1
Institution : Poznan University of Technology, Poznan
Maximum period of stipend agreement: 18 months
Position starts on: January 1st, 2014
Stipend’s amount: 3,000PLN/month
Pension insurance: no
Profile of candidates:
- PhD students, i.e. participants of the PhD studies, holding MSc in computer science or mathematics who are subject of pension and annuity insurance from another sources;
- good background in artificial intelligence (logic-based knowledge representation), semantic technologies, machine learning;
- good programming skills (Java); experience in managing software development projects;
- previous academic activity in the fields of Semantic Web, ontology in computer science and machine learning (publications, participation in conferences, participation in summer schools) is welcome but not mandatory;
- previous experience in research projects that included international collaboration, team work is welcome but not mandatory;
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting scientific research on foundations for query-based pattern mining from Linked Data;
- Conducting scientific research on algorithms for ontology learning and evolution based on Linked Data;
- Conducting experimental evaluation of the developed algorithms;
- Actively contributing to design and development of a plug-in to Protégé Ontology Editor and Knowledge Acquisition System;
- Editing scientific publications.
- short CV containing information about her/his Master thesis and main research or/and programming achievements (in English);
- motivation letter explaining PhD student’s interest in the subject and describing her/his achievements that are closely related to the project (no longer than 2 pages) (in English);
- a copy of the letter from the current or planned main PhD supervisor declaring consent on secondment to the project and on dr Agnieszka Ławrynowicz becoming the supporting PhD supervisor (co-supervisor) in case of winning the contest by the PhD student.
Principal Investigator: dr Agnieszka Ławrynowicz; email@example.com
Closing date: October 31st, 2013
Please send your offer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your offer:
“In accordance with the personal data protection act from 29 th August 1997, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes”.
For selecting the best candidate a recruitment commission is established that will organize interviews with candidates in November 2013. The interviews will be held in Polish and English. The following items will be taken into account by the commision for deciding on granting the stipend:
a) the result of the interview;
b) good meritorical background for the realization of the project tasks;
c) previous academic activity, achievements, and experience, in particular related to the project topic.
The decision on granting the stipend will be annouced within a week after the interview.
The granting institution may seek to contact the best candidates only.