I'm an associate professor affiliated to Laboratory of Intelligent Decision Support Systems, Institute of Computing Science, Poznan University of Technology.
- Together with Miguel Nicolau, I'm co-chairing EuroGP 2014, 17th European Conference on Genetic Programming, part of Evo*, organized by organized by J.J. Merelo in Baeza, Spain.
- Together with Gisele L. Pappa, John Woodward, and Jerry Swan, we are organizing 3rd Workshop on Evolutionary Computation for the Automated Design of Algorithms at GECCO 2013. Details here.
- The thesis of my former PhD student, Wojciech Jaśkowski, entitled "Algorithms for Test-based Problems", received distinction in the first contest organized by the Polish Artificial Intelligence Society. More details here.
- Our paper entitled "Evolutionary Tuning of Compound Image Analysis Systems for Effective License Plate Recognition", by Mateusz Nawrocki and me, won the best paper award at the ICCCI (The 3rd International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence - Technologies and Applications),
- Our position evaluation function for the game of Othello (epTDLmpx_12x6) , developed by my student Marcin Szubert, ranks first in the Othello Position Evaluation Function League, organized by Simon Lucas and his team at University of Essex, UK.
Main fields of interest
- Evolutionary computation, in particular genetic programming,
- Coevolution and evolutionary computation in games and test-based problems
- Pattern recognition, visual learning (see my students' projects, in Polish)
- Thursdays 12:30